Mercus Manley, Investigative Reporter……

DrScottHamiltonElite Sports Psychology (ESP) is owned and operated by Dr. Jason Scott Hamilton, a Sports Psychologist specializing in the mental conditioning and performance improvement of athletes, leading to more success and greater returns for athletes, teams, and sports franchises. Dr. Hamilton is a licensed professional member of the Association of Applied Sports Psychologists (AASP), an international, multidisciplinary, professional organization.

Dr. Hamilton explained, “Sports psychology is the study of the psychological factors that affect participation and performance in sports. It is also a specialization within brain psychology and kinesiology that seeks to understand psychological/mental factors that affect performance in sports and apply these to enhance individual and team performance. My practice is dedicated to increasing performance by managing emotions and minimizing the psychological effects of injury and poor performance.”

Olympic/World Champion Usain Bolt and Dr. Hamilton

ESP works with individual athletes, teams, coaches and management onsite or via Skype. Treatment is tailored to meet the specific needs of the athlete, team and coaching/management staff, based on comprehensive evaluation. In addition to working with athletes, ESP offers high performance workshops for organizations. Successful business can be just as competitive as sports and the training and lessons of sports psychology can also apply to employee performance.

Dr. Hamilton has worked for many years with several school teams and was the Sports Psychologist for a NCAA State University team. His long-term commitment to a soccer team resulted in division domination for seven consecutive years. The manager of the team commented, “this team never won the championship in any year that Dr. Hamilton was not involved with the team.” Dr. Hamilton also recently assisted a female athlete to overcome anxiety and fear which resulted in nosebleeds, to be the first Cuban American female to make the USA National team in synchronized swimming.

NBA Champion Shaquille O'Neal and Dr. Hamilton
NBA Champion Shaquille O’Neal and Dr. Hamilton

In Jamaica, Dr. Hamilton was publicly recognized for helping the Harbour View Premier League Football (Soccer) team for the 2013 season to become the champions again as they did in the 2000, 2007 and 2010 seasons. He has also worked with the World Champions of T/20 cricket, the West Indies Cricket Senior Team, and his services are requested throughout the Caribbean. His unique style of communicating and relating to athletes has been well received, leading to new and exciting opportunities. Dr. Hamilton’s ability to work on-site with the athletes and travel worldwide to major competitions and other events is a unique capability in his field. These are the times when the athletes need on the spot mental training in order to succeed.

The future of ESP is bright and the goal is to bring Sports Psychology to the forefront and eliminate the stigma attached to mental training. In all sports and with all athletes, 90% of their performance is mental and the other 10% is ability. So if you are able to better the mental aspects of your game, the rest will fall into place.

Call ESP today at (786) 226-5115     Email: drjshamilton@gmail.com     Like ESP on Facebook 

Office: 13381 SW 88 Terrace, Miami, FL 33186